Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Day in Louisville

We spent the afternoon and evening at the Hauss House. Caroline and Darren, their new son Brando, their daughter Chloe, their parents, grandparents, aunt, cousin and two cats were all there.

Here's me and Caroline with Brando and Iain:


And here's me, practically covered in baby-love. Note Iain's interest in Brando, who is playing hard to get:


After Iain puked on my trousers, and his father whipped out the Emergency Bandana to help clean up, Iain decided to go all biker on us. It's a good look for him, so we've ordered him a pair of black leather chaps.

You know, to wear with his bib.


It was a nice day, and we're especially grateful to have been included in a family dinner. Mrs. Hauss made ham and turkey, pasta salad (tortellini! tomato! mushroom! bell pepper! olive! YUM!), fruit salad, brownies and dream bars (like cheesecake cookies, sort of). Chloe had peas and peaches, Iain and Brando had milk.

Miriam is soooo jealous right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So am I. I have to get in on one of those family dinner. :)

Unknown said...

You have no idea. Two of my favorite people in the room with two of my favorite little people.... eating food made by yet another favorite people. Green does not even begin to describe the color I am at the moment.... not to mention DREAM BARS!!!!! aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!