Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mornings

7:00 – 7:30 – Iain, screaming in the bed, while I hold him and try to soothe him. Ooh, lovely.

7:30 – 9:15 – as if to say, “No really, it was because I hate you, Dad,” Iain slept quietly in his own bed, once I left him alone.

9:15 – more crying. Why? Oh, dirty diaper and hunger, natch.

9:20 – 9:30 – bottle, better loved than me.

9:30 – 9:40 – Iain screams in my arms, after lounging quietly in his chair after finishing his bottle. I thought he was mollified, but really, he just wanted to be up close and personal to say, “Screw you, Dad.”

9:45 – needing a lift, I decided to try Barley Cereal on the boy. Maybe if he liked it, he’d be a bit nicer to me.

10:00 – barley cereal was a success. After one quizzical face, and one upturned lip, he sucked it down with as much interest as we’ve seen in days. Which is not to say that I got his undivided attention even then. Oh, no. He squirmed and wiggled to keep the dogs in view. After all, he likes them better even though they’ve never fed him or changed his diaper.

10:10 – 10:15 – quick shower. No surprise puddle of vomit upon completion.

10:15 – 10:30 – Iain playing quietly in his Pack ‘n’ Play. I’m not holding him at the moment, so he’s relatively happy.

So, world, how was your morning?

2 comments:

Rae said...

Now I'm a little more freaked out. I'd forgotten about all the vomiting babies seem to do...

;)

About the shoes: If it weren't for shoes I'm pretty sure I'd go mad. I hate shopping for chothing because nothing ever fits, but I always love buying shoes. Pretty heels never mind how big my thighs are. :)

SarahHub said...

He'll get better. Evie was like this with my husband, but now she wants to call him during the day to ask him to play "catch you." This is their game where she jumps off the bed into his arms. Your time is coming...