Thursday, October 02, 2008

I Figured It Out!


Q: Why are children afraid of the dark?
.
A: Because while they're babies, we sneak in while they're sleeping and "check on them."
.
It's so obvious to me now. I can't go to bed without making sure Iain's ok. Every night I open the door quietly, tip-toe over to his crib, and lean down. I listen for his breathing, put my hand on his back, and occasionally discover that I've managed to stick my finger up his nose or something. I try to avoid that, but hey - it's dark!
.
I am the Boogie Monster.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On behalf of the Grandmother Brigade and Unofficial Marching Band and Reading Society I must gently object.
Going in to check in the middle of the night, in the dark, when the anxiety closet monsters are ready to leap out and dance around the baby, is very beneficial. Very. Keeps the anxiety monsters in the closet and reassures the baby. Fear of the dark comes from other things. More on that in a future post.

SarahHub said...

You have a beautiful baby!

Oh, and you have to check on him in the middle of the night, Boogie Monster or not. If you don't, the Worry Monster may well invade your room, and you don't want that!