Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally!


Yesterday, it was 85 degrees F.
.
[F, as in FAIL, as in FLUNK, as in FILTHY FLAMING FACE-FANNING FUMES of death.]
.
Today, the high is 67 and tomorrow the high is 61. At last. I'll need to move the herb pot inside (see Fabulous lemon verbena, above), but that's fine. I'll take it. Because I'm so sick of being hot.
.
I'm ready for soup, and cocoa, and slippers, and cuddling under a blanket, and roasted sweet potatoes and wearing a jacket for our walk and, and, and. Tomorrow, Iain starts butternut squash, and you just can't eat winter squash when it's 85 outside.
.
That's just how I feel.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Will and I totally agree, though a part of me wants the 30+ green tomatoes I still have on the vines to ripen. But, regardless of the weather, I still made my man beef stew before he left for Denver. though it was 82 degrees on Monday. Why? Because it is freaking October and I should be wearing turtlenecks and sweaters, not digging back out of storage my shorts and t-shirts.

Rae said...

Oh, I want some roasted sweet potatoes!

That sounds SO GOOD.

SarahHub said...

Oh, me too! I am so ready for fall. I am just afraid my jeans are not going to fit...

Fiona said...

Please. Jeans. Like mine fit.

I think you might need to go shopping. Just a wee bit of shopping, for something cute like corduroys.