Friday, October 17, 2008

Management

I had guests coming to visit me this weekend. In order to prepare, I commanded the staff to clean the house. They complied, but with ill grace. I had to sit and supervise pretty much All Day:

Faster! I shouted. And, You missed a spot! I know I've mentioned this before, but good staff is simply impossible to find anymore. I think they'd sit around all day, talking about how "tired" they are, if I didn't crack the whip.

But in the end, the house was polished to a slightly brighter shine than yesterday, and it is good enough that I won't be embarrassed by it. When my visitors arrived around 5, they didn't seem too upset by the remaining untidiness.

And to be honest, I felt proud of the staff. Or, I should say, of myself. After all, it was I who organized the project and managed their work. I who saw it through to its conclusion, and I who ensured that the slackers didn't stop halfway through for "lunch" or "a break," as they are wont to do.

Yeah. All in all, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I'm great. I'd ask what you think, but I'm sure you agree.



[Just as you agree that my outfit, stripes plus a frog pattern plus argyle in 3 different shades of green, is fabulous.]

4 comments:

SarahHub said...

Looks like Iain even spit-shined a few things! ;)

Fiona said...

Spit jokes, niiiiice. Be careful, Iain will dock your pay if he thinks you're being disrespectful.

He's a tough boss.

Megan said...

Is it me, or is Iain just the cutest little boy in the universe? He seems to be getting cuter by the day! :)

SarahHub said...

Oh, he's tough!

But I can live with tough, on account of his cuteness!