Monday, October 27, 2008

Mmmm...bubblegum flavor

So Iain got 3 desserts tonight. He ate his rice cereal. Then he had some banana for dessert (#1), because we were so pleased that he was eating. His appetite has been poor the last couple of days due to his cold.

Then he enjoyed a nice dropper-full of amoxicillin, bubblegum flavor, and a smaller dose of Tylenol, cherry flavor. He looked like it was Christmas morning in his mouth. "Mmm...I like that one. I can has more?" Yes, kid. In 4-6 hours.

But, despite his cold and a trip to our pediatrician (whom we adore), it was a good day. Iain napped pretty well, played a bit and even laughed his fabulous belly laugh. Apparently, watching Juno sit quietly on the floor is High-LAR-ious.


In the afternoon, while he napped, I went shopping. Now, I like new things as much as the next person. But a resale shop opened up near us recently, and I am fast becoming an addict. For about $4, I can get Iain just about anything. Today, I found 4 sleepers, three pairs of trousers, and a sweater, and spent $40.

I could have bought him a suede driving jacket for $12, but that seemed like gilding the lily. Plus, can you wash throw-up off of suede?


Above, Iain and Bobo, having a moment. Bobo loves Iain. Iain loves Juno. I love Iain. Juno loves me. Charles loves us all, but watches with amused detachment as we run around in circles seeking affection.

[Note to those who have just joined this program: Charles works at home so while Iain napped and I shopped, Daddy was in charge. Unfortunately, Iain can not yet stay home alone. Nor can he do laundry, wash the dishes, or calculate our taxes. But he claims he'll get to those things next month, and I believe him.]

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

my son loves flavored medicine! lol. At this point, I can get him to drink anything by putting it in a medicine dropper.

SarahHub said...

What does he need a driving jacket for? HE CAN'T DRIVE!

Sorry, that was my sad attempt at humor.

Glad he's feeling better!