Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cherimoya Madness

I bought another one. Isn't it pretty? Ok, it's not that pretty. But inside...

Lots of seeds, it's true. But the flesh is juicy and sweet, tasting of banana and pineapple mixed together. I like it a lot, and Iain loves it. This week he tried noodles, and he learned an important skill: sucking the noodle in. He applied that knowledge to bits of cherimoya tonight. I put a spoonful on his lips (I was using a grown-up spoon so I didn't want to put it *in* his mouth as usual), and he sucked the piece in like a pro.

Yum, yum, yum. If you buy one, wait until it's quite soft before eating. I bought one 2 days ago, hard as a rock, and put it in the fruit bowl next to a bunch of bananas. Today it was deliciously ripe. You'll have to pick out (or eat around) the seeds, but that's not so bad. Above, you can see the discarded shell of the cherimoya's other half. Between us, Iain and I ate the whole thing. Yum, yum, yum.

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

I have seen these in the grocery store for years, but had no idea what they were. Now I'll have to buy one!

Unknown said...

they are soooo yummy! But I know that ain't a local fruit.... I'm just saying.