Thursday, April 16, 2009

Strictly Platonic, I Assure You

I met a girl last night. She's the staff's friend's niece's daughter from Tennessee. Did you get that? Her name is Emily.

Pretty cute, huh? Yeah. And nice. I told her all about Callie, and how Callie and I read books, and how Callie and I went to the kite festival.

Here's her great-uncle. For some reason he got a much bigger piece of cake than me. I don't think that's fair. After all, I'm growing.

And here's her staff. I didn't hear what they were saying, but I'm pretty sure it involved the superiority of dachshunds to all other dogs.

Then I showed her how Piggie and Gerald try to surprise one another. I showed Callie my books, too. All the ladies love books.

Even though I'm Totally Committed to Callie, I was sort of tongue-tied around Emily, too.

But that wore off. I told her all about Callie's cute shoes and how Callie has a poochy belly and how Callie doesn't like her stroller anymore and how Callie slept in my pack-n-play. As you can see, she was all, "Tell me more!"

So I did. Even though we'll have to be long-distance friends, I think Emily's a keeper.

No comments: