Friday, April 24, 2009

Uh...Wow

A few days ago Charles and I were heading out (to be told that Iain is "a little off the chart"), and I noticed something white moving around in the breeze. Hmmm...

So when we got home, I did something I never do. I walked around the side of the house. No, really.

And what did I find? That's right, my little friends. A huge lilac bush. In bloom. With gorgeous, smelly, delicious, perfect lilacs all over it.

Our story ends here, because I must go bang my head against a wall for not noticing a LILAC bush in 3 years of living in this house.

4 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Yes, it's the bummer-est (I love that word!!!).

I actually wrote the post because I made a wonderful new friend last fall. She has a son who is almost exactly the same age as my son, she is in an interracial relationship, so her son looks like my kids (which is cool for the kids), she is great, we get along so well...and she just told me that she's no longer going to nanny, but take a job at a daycare next year. Honestly, I felt my world crashing down around me. We get together at least once, and sometimes twice a week. It was so sad to me. I was actually surprised just how sad I felt. I told my husband, "It would be really nice to be friends with someone longer than a year!"

While I was writing my post, I thought about the lovely post you did about your best friend.

Rae said...

How funny. This makes me want to walk around to the side of my house...I haven't been there in a LONG time.

Heather said...

Eh. No worries. I classify our stuff by the red one, the yellow one, the one that looks stick-y, the pokey one....

SarahHub said...

Oh, I love lilac. So much so, that when we pass one on a walk or in the car, Evie says "Mommy loves lilac. Smells sooo good!"

We don't have one. But maybe I should walk around the yard just to be sure.