Monday, April 06, 2009

Sleepover, Part 2

After dinner, Callie helped me get into my PJ's, and I supervised the toys while she got into hers. Then the staff read me a book (The Going to Bed Book), and I sacked out.

Callie retired to her room, and the staff read her a book, too (Good Night, California). She snoozed in her personal portable sleeping device (a pack-n-play).

I awoke at 7:25 the next morning, unsure whether my sweetheart was still here. After a bottle and some playtime in the sunroom, I heard her dulcet tones from up the stairs. Joy! She was still in my house! I sent the staff up to get her.

We had an excellent breakfast together. There was milk, and oatmeal with wild Maine blueberries and banana. The staff stirred in some yoghurt for texture, too. Callie fed herself. I prefer to have the staff feed me.

As you can see, it was a brilliant, sunny morning.

After a while, though, I did feel a little juvenile. Callie fed herself a whole bowl of oatmeal while I was accepting bites on a spoon. So I took the spoon and experimented a bit with it. It doesn't taste like much, in case you wondered.

No comments: