Monday, April 27, 2009

Pretty, pretty

Several years ago, a friend (then of LA, now of Boston), introduced me to Etsy. It's a shopping mall online where people sell hand-made items. They sell everything from jewelry to cupcakes, and I've ordered many things there as gifts.

Two weeks ago, while shopping for Iain's birthday gift (a set of beautiful small photographs of birds in flight), I bought this for myself:

It's a pendant, about an inch and a half across, made by a ceramist in the Bronx. Not only did she send the pendant, but also this lovely thank-you card:


In other news,

Iain would like to tell you something.


This onesie used to be white. No, really. It turns out that for all its wonderful qualities, one thing the Moby wrap lacks is....colorfastness! Yes, it's true. Many things are now blue.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

that pendant is beautiful!! I that is no good that the moby wrap leaks color. we have a red one for the new baby!! lol. so now I guess everything will be a light shade of red.

Fiona said...

Well, I loved mine. So this is the only flaw. Just don't wash it with your whites!