Friday, April 17, 2009

Desolation, Devastation, Miserrrreeeee...

Miriam has been gone to England for 48 hours or so.

She emailed twice.

She blogged twice.

It's crap. Not the same. Not as good. I have no one to call when I'm on my way to the grocery.

AND - apparently they're enjoying all sorts of British yummies. Who knows? Perhaps, lured by McDonald's Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry, they won't come back AT ALL. What then? What. Then??

I should start looking, just in case. Here's my CraigsList ad:

Seeking Best Friend.
Must be: tall, brown-haired, with glasses.
Must love green. Must love irises.
Must have 437 close relatives, not counting cousins.
Must know how to make a shan tart without consulting a recipe.
Must make excellent BBQ sauce and sweet pickles.
Must be a KKG from UK (Ashley Judd, you do not count. Stop emailing me).
Must love shopping, early-20th-century German history, lamb, and vegetable gardening.
Must cross-stitch obsessively.
Must have an irrational fear of people standing over them while sleeping.
Must wear cute jammies. Ditto argyle sweaters. Ditto theme socks. Ditto hair accessories.
Must have excellent taste in men (recently).
Must have capacity to take pointless phone calls in the middle of the day, talk to said caller while getting work done but without letting the caller know you're working.
Must love godchildren, neices and nephews, and bad-tempered cats.


What do you think? Too specific?

4 comments:

bugboys69 said...

Maybe just a little, but I'm sure she is out there somewhere.

Oh who is this?

Well she is ours now. We may give her back in June but only if you collect in person. The postage is just to horrendous.

BaysYates said...

Don't forget- Must have most phone conversations while brushing teeth. (Maybe this is just with me.) :)

Fiona said...

Erin! I have a...thing about tooth brushing. It must not occur near me. I must not hear it.

So she doesn't do that. She knows I'd hang up. That's what I recommend to you. One has to take a stand against these things.

Heather said...

Crap. I was out at "must be tall."

Poo...