Friday, August 21, 2009

Date Night!

All day today at daycare, it seemed like Callie knew something I didn't. She kept smiling at me and mouthing, "later..." ??

But I had a good day, anyway. I had breakfast with The Mom at home (2 scrambled eggs, one whole piece of toast with butter and jam, blueberries and milk), then I had breakfast again at daycare (cereal and milk), then I had morning snack (crackers), then I had lunch (chicken salad - yuck! - and fruit and veggies), then I had afternoon snack (fruit bar), then it was time to go home.

Oh, and I "did 3 arts." I made a doggie head, I colored on a drawing of a rabbit, and I pasted colorful shapes onto a piece of black construction paper. It was fun. I'm creative.

When The Mom came to fetch me, she smiled at Callie in a way that made me suspicious. What was all this inter-female winking and nodding?

So imagine my surprise when I got home to find Callie already there!

We drew at the easel together. I did not feel the occasion required shoes.

We shared the crayons. Sort of.

Callie is very artistic. She holds her crayon pencil just so. As you can see below, I prefer to talk a lot while drawing. No idea where I get such a chatty nature. Probably someone way back in my ancestral line.

After we "did art," Callie and I ate dinner (spiral pasta with veggies and cheese, blueberries, plums, crackers with almond butter for me only, and milk), had a bath, danced all funky-funk, and went to bed. It was a great date. I'm totally going to call her again. I might even have to change my Facebook status to "It's complicated."

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

they are so cute together!