Sunday, August 23, 2009

Farmer's Market

Saturday in late August brings: garlic focaccia, local eggs, locally-produced feta, corn on the cob, bell peppers, tomatoes of various stripes (in some cases, literally), tiny baby squash, purple pole beans, cherry tomatoes, Korean pears, apple fritters, and a healthy morning outing for The Mom and The Pasha.

Closeup on those tomatoes and baby squash? My pleasure:

Some of the tomatoes are already dehydrated in the oven, bagged and frozen for this winter. The corn and cherry tomatoes have become a corn salad, using also basil I grew and the feta cheese. The squash await their fate...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh the dehydrated tomatoes! We haven't had enough of our own to do that this year. And I am too sad/proud to buy the ones at the farmers markets, knowing that I have some greening on the vines... I might have to break down and buy some anyway.