Sunday, May 03, 2009

Garden News

Lots and lots going on in the garden. First, the new apricot tree is growing like mad:


Marigolds and oregano, with a nice drip irrigation frame:


More marigolds:


Sugar snap peas getting ready to climb the bamboo pyramids:


The blueberries are leafing out nicely:


Mmm....swish [EDIT: Swiss] chard:


Along one side of the bed, purple sage, thyme, marigolds, borage and parsley in the foreground, and lilies comin up in the upper right:

More of that parsley:


The dahlias are finally coming up:


Lettuce! and Mr. Rabbit-Pants has failed to figure out the presence of this bucket, or else doesn't care. I dunno. Either way, I got lots of lettuce.


Basil and petunias:


I planted two IKEA pots with the petunias, basils, and that other flower. There was one little orphan petunia left, who got popped into a little terra cotta pot:


Figgie, figgie, figgie fig:


Limes, growing on the tree. Given the number of blossoms, I suspect we might have a banner year on the lime tree:


Today's Farmer's Market find! A lemon verbena to replace the one I lost this winter:


It's still raining, so no actual gardening today. I'm just waiting for sunshine and dry air so I can do a bit more planting and digging and whatnot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

'swish chard'? did joel send it to you?

Fiona said...

Oops. I feel smart now.

And fabulous!