Saturday, May 02, 2009

Party Animals

Imagine my life. It's 8 o'clock on a Saturday night. Darkness falls. Dressed to kill, I prepare for my evening's activity:



LAUNDRY.



That's right. In addition to selflessly consuming chocolate pudding, I give all I've got to the party scene. My social life can only adequately be described using words like "fantastic" and "awe-inspiring."

But for some people, laundry is not enough for a Saturday night in May. No, some people need more.

Like Iain, for instance. He required that his high-chair be moved into the den so he could watch a little TV.

"Dad? Dad? Dad? I thought this race was supposed to start at 6, Dad. Dad? Dad?"

"Oh, Hummus? I don't mind if I do."

And, after 45 seconds of great drama, "Wow. That horse came up fast. And that jockey's kinda...interesting."

[please note awesome new bib.]

[Gotta go, more laundry to do.]

2 comments:

GG said...

That sounds like a wild night! Frankly, it's little too crazy for me. My bride to be and I are already in our PJ's for the evening, and it's only 6:30 p.m. on this coast. In our defense, we did have a rousing lunch at Red Robin earlier today.

Unknown said...

I put together a dresser.... and mopped the kitchen floor. Man, domesticity tames....