Thursday, May 07, 2009

Happy Birthday, From Mommy

These are my birthday gift to Iain. It took a while to get the frames (square frames are not commonplace), but now all is well. They are beautiful prints by Maine photographer Allison Trentelman of Rocky Top Studio, found through the addictive Etsy.

My plan is to give Iain art for many birthdays (maybe all of them), so that he grows up surrounded both by our favorites and by things that belong to him. These are beautiful, and child-like without being child-ish.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is lovely. Soon, he can start to doodle and draw and you can give Iain's art away as presents. Grandmothers and Auntie love that sh!t.

Rae said...

I love that idea! I also love the prints. Great choice. :)

Heather said...

I love that idea. Iain is so lucky.