Friday, May 08, 2009

Garden Update

During Iain's afternoon nap, I:

1. Planted 4 bell pepper plants (California Golden) in my raised bed and 2 in a pot.
2. Planted my lemon verbena in a pot surrounded by Torenia and that one little white flowering thing they gave Iain at the Sunshine Grow Center (where we bought nothing, but whatever).
3. Cut back an overhanging branch on the tree next to my raised bed. Must have sun! (not that there *is* any sun...)
4. Placed four more pieces of slate on the path between compost and patio.
5. Cut back the tulip tree.
6. Dug out a platform for two 16" cement tiles
7. Moved the yard garbage can onto those tiles.
8. Cut back suckers and other unwelcome growth from said tulip tree.
9. Weeded around tulip tree and its downspout.
10. Tied up my stupid pea shoots, which can't seem to figure out that the poles
Right Above Their Heads
are for climbing.
11. Re-oriented my drip irrigation and staked it down.

During Iain's morning nap I:
1. Took a nap.

Meanwhile, it was sunny this morning (sort of) and now it's darkening because it's going to...
RAIN
!

[EDIT: Glad I did all that, because now the thunder gods are having fun in the sky. Any minute it's going to be a freakout storm.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Very productive, just like me. I found wedding favors, wedding favor boxes, a tie for Will (Pucci, natch.) and then I turned to work, since I was at work. Ahem. And I wrote the newsletter, did a budget for a new grant, sent out thank you notes. Now I am done. Like an egg.

Heather said...

Now, I need a nap.