Monday, May 11, 2009

Just in Time for the Sun to Shine

Iain received an unexpected box in the mail last week, and inside was an ode to summer:


Now he's all set for an expedition to the beach. All we have to do is get the sun to shine!

In other news, you may recall that I planted 3 raspberries in early March, then 3 more in late March. The early ones never did anything, and I'd really given up on them. But, lo and behold, yesterday I observed this little miracle coming up from the soil:


And in other berry news, the first strawberries are in at Evans Orchard. I bought a small box and they are yummy!

1 comment:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. The ironic thing about the whole situation is that normally when people comment on her hair, they tell me how much they like it. I think it's a combination of it being so curly and her being pretty young and the fact that it's sort of auburn -- a really different color. One lady said she was hoping I dyed it because that's the color she's aiming for, but unfortunately no such luck. I didn't write this is the post, but at the last mom's group, the same little girl told her she is a rotten egg, so perhaps the friendship was short-lived! :)