Friday, May 22, 2009

Oops! I Did It Again

A sink full of dirty dishes. How did this happen?


Well, there was some booty-shaking involved. I can tell you that. When cooking, it's necessary to shake your tail feather a bit. Otherwise, things don't mix properly.


My immediate supervisor wasn't sure what to think about the "dancing." However, he enjoyed hearing about how "shorty" was "on fire" on the dance floor. Also, I determined that no matter how much you want to show your son how to crack an egg properly, you cannot crack an egg on his high chair. Too resilient.


He approved of my mixing technique, though, and of the ultimate result: Smitten Kitchen's Buttermilk Raspberry Cake.


After baking, before eating:

I'll be making a honey mascarpone sauce for this, just to dollop a little on the side. Also on the menu? Grilled flank steak, roasted asparagus, potato, and yellow squash, green salad. A nice simple dinner for early summer.

No comments: