Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Glasses

Several months ago, Iain pulled off my glasses and one side broke. I tried to find someone here to fix them, but all I got for my trouble was a poke in the eye (metaphorically) from the ladies over at LensCrafters. So I mailed the darn things to my favorite store in Pasadena. Charles, who happened to be in SoCal on business picked them up a couple of weeks later, and when the guy asked "don't you have optometrists in Kentucky?" he just shook his head.

A month later, the other side broke. Thanks, Murphy.

It took me weeks to get a referral, make an appointment, and actually go get my eyes checked. But I did it. And then I needed another month to get my act together enough to go get new glasses. But, finally, today I did that, too.

Here's what I bought:



They make me look like this guy:

[Photo from Media Bistro]

He's a famous architect, in case you didn't gather that from the photo. He designed a beautiful glass house in Connecticut, not to be confused with a totally different (very similar) glass house outside of Chicago that my Aunt Sue took me to many, many years ago.

Also, he was a bit of a horndog. Charles and I watched a biographical film about him in which he talked about building a little house on his property. What was it for? "Sex," he said. At the time of the film, he was in his eighties. Rock on, grandpa.

You can see why I'm excited to resemble him.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Your complexion is much better. I don't think people will confuse you two...

Heather said...

I just saw on "Sunday Morning" that glasses are the new fashion accessory. You are totally hip and cool and all the things I am not.