Monday, October 19, 2009

Date Night, Take 2

It's so much fun when Callie comes to stay. On Saturday we played "house" with my entryway toy. See, it's a door, and you can ring the bell, and then you can be all, "I gave at the office." Or, "Yes, please do come in, Officer."

I also picked out books and stuff for us to read. Callie likes books, and so do I. See how we're a perfect match?



Callie is an independent person, though. She had ideas about which books to read. The Dog book was her choice before bed.


The Staff offered to read, but you know I wasn't going to let Callie sit alone. (I mean, alone with The Staff - they don't count.)


So we had book time together. First we read Dog, then we read some Ollie books. I like Ollie and Peedie and Gossie and Gertie. They're goslings, but I prefer to think of them as "ducks."

Of course, you can't have a lady over for the evening and fail to feed her dinner. We dined on sausage ravioli with tiny vegetables (either pared by hand by my personal chef or else taken out of the freezer, I'm not sure which) and a butter/parmesan sauce, plus bowls of thinly sliced kiwi with a pile of mango cubes in the center. It was tres haute.

Stay tuned for pics of our happy wakeup. When I saw that Callie was still here in the morning, I did a little happy dance right there in the hallway.

No comments: