Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Road Again

Lessee, I need a book for the plane. This memoir by Frank Bruni might do. All about a little boy who likes to eat. Seems perfect!

Tomorrow Iain and I set out for The Holy City, endowed with a full diaper bag, a sippy cup (empty until we get through security, natch), and a recent tendency to scream until we get to watch YouTube. I can hardly wait.

But once there, we will be treated to fresh local shrimp (ok I will be - no shellfish for The Pasha for another 6 months - !!), constant pampering, and a nice, long dose of Grandmother and Grandfather. Iain can hardly wait to see his fan club. And it's so close! Only one more wake-up.

2 comments:

Gastronomer said...

Interestingly, Frank Bruni does not discuss the pumpkin patches of his youth. However, he does go in depth into binging AND purging to make up for it.

Fiona said...

G: What did you think of that book? I was torn between liking *him* and really disliking the book/story. And I'm sorry to say I compared it unfavorably to Reichl, which I know isn't fair.