Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I Did Today

1. Entered the attic, picked out fabric bits from my stash, and delivered them to Miss Donna for daycare art projects.

2. Paid for daycare for this week.

3. Paid my Gap bill.

4. Planted 10 tulips.

5. Made fresh granola (this time with a little molasses and with pine nuts plus pecans!).

6. Wrote a lecture on women in slavery. Ok, it's more of an activity than a lecture.

7. Blogged thrice (counting this one. Actually, it might have been four times. Would that be Fwice?)

8. Tried to think of ways to make Charles happy. I came up with "win the lottery," but so far have not ticked that off my list.

9. Wrote a letter and revised 3 accompanying documents.

10. Wrote a letter of recommendation for a colleague at another institution.

11. Wrote a third letter with a colleague here.

12. Printed 7 letters from Thomas Nast to Norton Parker Chipman, ca. 1870-1873.

13. Called New Jersey to ask the people at Nast's homeplace museum why they said he bought the house in April, 1872 when I have 2 letters from August where he says he'll be closing on the house then. They said, "Oh, our curator went home sick." Ok.

14. Started my women's history syllabus.

15. Folded and put away a load of laundry.

16. Ran the dishwasher. Twice.

17. Revised the almost-the-end of a chapter that is near the end of the book.

18. Transcribed 2 months worth of cartoons from 1875.

Whew!! Thank goodness tomorrow is a day "at work." I'll be able to kick back and relax, just enjoying my students.

No comments: