Saturday, October 03, 2009

Hooray!

What a relief. The conference I've been planning (as part of a team) for the last year and a half is OVER. As in done. As in see you in six years. Or never. Whatever.

And I learned a lot. For one thing, I'll never again send an individual paper to a conference. It's so much better for conveners if you send a complete panel (complete with a moderator). I also learned a lot about Methodism in early Kentucky history and about Dorothy Dix (as fascinating person I knew zero about).

But here's my to-do list for tomorrow:
1. Spend time with Iain.
2. Spend time with Mother.
3. Do not get up at 6am.
4. Do not carry around a long list of things that need doing.
5. Do not try to remember 200 details all at the same time.
6. Do not wear fancy shoes.
7. Do not wear lipstick. (ok, I might not do that one)

So, so, so happy.

2 comments:

bugboys69 said...

Your so happy you are making me happy.

Gastronomer said...

Now, on to more important matters, like reading and commenting on blogs ;-) Glad to hear you're FREE!

And your son is the most thoughtful puker ever! Congrats!