Friday, October 30, 2009

Whoa, Dude

So...I got up this morning and The Staff seemed kind of rushed. They rushed me through brekkie, threw some clothes at me and off we went to the "airport." I dunno what the point of that place is, but I can tell you that there are no good games and the people are all talking on their phones.

Anyway, after a bunch of, frankly, crappy episodes of being strapped into my carseat, stroller, carseat, stroller, carseat, carseat, stroller, we finally arrived someplace hot and humid. HOT, and HUMID.

The consolation was this:




Leather seating! No, I mean Grandma. And Betty Boop cartoons.

The grands have a new deck. We checked it out, just to make sure the craftsmanship was up to par. It seems ok, but I think I'll have to do a secondary inspection. Just to be sure, you know.


Kitty!!


Grandpa wears his binoculars outside because you never know what you might see. I tried out the hammock, for example, and at that very moment a huge hawk flew into the tree above me. Huge! It was amazing.

I was thirsty after flying, so Grandma made me an iced cran-water. It's a hot cocktail in my circles, but I don't expect you to understand. You're old, right?

Tomorrow: farmer's market, Hyams nursery, the beach, bakeries (galore), and probably a nap.

[Note the fact that Iain is wearing his emergency shirt purchased in Heathrow when he threw up on me before our flight back from Miriam's wedding. Why is he wearing that? Is it the super-cute outfit he wore to the Lexington airport? Why no. No, no, no. It's the shirt I put on him after he drank apple juice given to him by a helpful flight attendant who saw that he was melting down because of the hour-long delay in our departure from Charlotte. He drank a bunch of apple juice, yes. But he also donned it, dripped it, spilled it and otherwise transferred it to his rainement. I had to change him as soon as the seatbelt light went off.]




No comments: