Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lincoln


Sarah over at Oakbriar Farm asked me to dig out the fourth image in the fourth picture folder in my computer. Here it is. Cheery, I know.

This folder relates to my lectures on Reconstruction (2 lectures). Lincoln initiated a program known as Presidential Reconstruction, which focused on a process of re-integration for the southern states and for southerners. His plan is also known as the 10% Plan.

Lincoln's assassination in April, 1865, transferred Reconstruction into the hands of Vice President Andrew Johnson (of Tennessee, Heather). Johnson's approach was too lenient for the Congress, and it led to an incredibly bitter conflict between the Executive and Legislative branches of our national government.

In the end, Congress took over Reconstruction.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

so awesome!! I laughed really hard when I saw this. lol. the actual pic isn't funny but you know. the meme thing. :)

SarahHub said...

Thanks for playing along! I know it's dorky, but I like it!