Sunday, December 07, 2008

Not Like That, Mommy!!

Iain finished his bottle. I put him down on the blanket, and began to arrange all his toys in his 1.5 foot radius. Blocks, check. Musical toy (a gift from Aunt Beth), check. 2 Breakstone's containers (cottage cheese and sour cream), check. Iain reached for a plastic lid to begin tasting everything before deciding what to play with first.

Just for kicks, I put the smallest block into the Breakstone's cottage cheese container.

FAIL.

Iain immediately reached for the container, picked it up, and dumped that block right out. OUT, Mommy.

As Steve Martin would say, Well Excuuuuuuuuse Me!

3 comments:

Rae said...

I am embarrassed to ask this, but is your son's name Iain or Lain?

I feel like an idiot.

Either way, he means business when it comes to that container.

Fiona said...

Rachel: it's Iain, not Lain, but the font is the culprit here. Lots of people think his name is Lain, because of the way Times New Roman shows L and I.

Totally not a big deal - you're one among many and Lain is a nice name. I figure Iain has a right to complain once he's *capable* of complaining. Until then, he's got bigger fish to fry.

In case you're curious, Iain is a Scottish spelling. If you recall a comment I made a long time ago on Sarah's blog, Iain was *ahem* Made In Scotland. Hence, the spelling. And also because of a writer Charles likes (Iain M. Banks).

Rae said...

Ah-ha!

Well, I actually like the name Iain better than Lain. :) So did you, obviously...