Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why did I not already know this?

LEGO bricks are some of the best toys. I've long lamented that you can primarily only find them in very themed boxes at the stores anymore. I remember when the boxes came mostly with bricks of various, but mostly generic, shapes and sizes, along with a few mini-figs, and books of blueprint-like instructions.

You can by the bricks now, online, a la carte, by the brick. For example, I could buy 1000 2x3 bricks for $130. Or I could by 10 of the 1x2/2x2 angle plates for about $1.50. The prices are not as good on the price per brick front as the largest kits, like the Death Star II (TM) box, which has 3417 pieces for $199 (on sale now), but you get to pick exactly what you might want in the way of bricks.

Iain has no idea the good times that are coming my way - I mean his way - once he's old enough to play with pieces that size. Next year, though, Iain will surely be receiving DUPLO (R) bricks, which are suitable for ages 1 1/2 to 5 and up, for Christmas.

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

Evie has those Duplo blocks, and loves them. She often insists on taking them in the bath.

Megan said...

LEGOs are the best toys EVER. I spent many a happy hour as a child putting together my LEGO castles and houses... :)