Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Who's That?

We had a mysterious visitor yesterday. She arrived via Prius, bearing gifts. "What's in that box Charles is carrying?" you ask. Oh, not much. Just 6 live Maine lobsters!!! (correction: the pronunciation, for those of you not familiar with this product, is "lobstah")

So Charles and I, plus the parents, had a nice lobster dinner while Iain watched and ate carrots. No shellfish for the under-one-year crowd. More for me!

But who was our guest, bearer of gifts? Who could she be? She hid her charms behind a furry disguise...


But - at last!- her identity emerged. It was Karen! Karen, expert in all things trinitarian and mercedarian. Karen, who can party all night at the End of Prohibition party (yes, folks - I saw your photos. You are all very, very debauched) and yet arise the next morning fresh and lovely. Karen, who can train a dog within an inch of her life (but that's another post, isn't it Bobo?).

Iain liked her very much. He has good taste in the ladies.

3 comments:

SarahHub said...

I don't know anything about this Karen, but I like her. I mean, live lobsters? Brilliant!

Fiona said...

Seriously. Brilliant.

Also, her dog is a rock star. More on that tomorrow.

Heather said...

I love reading your blog. I laugh, and I learn things. I will be looking up a couple of words as I have no idea what they are. You can guess which two.

Live Maine Lobsters. She is my hero.