Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Toy!

I have a new toy. Guess what it is!

That's right. It's a mastodon foreleg bone. I found it buried deep in the ice in the northern wastelands above Siberia.

OK, ok. It's really a piece of pipe from the bowels of the Winter Palace. I found a Faberge egg buried in it when I was last working in Russia.

Tough crowd. To tell the truth, some astronauts brought it to me last month when they got back from the ISS. They said it appeared out a "window" and they had to go fetch it during a space walk. Sorry about that lost bag of tools, guys.


Oh. Wait. Now that I look at it more closely, I think it's a paper towel roll.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

it looks very interesting!

SarahHub said...

So fun! Try not to get drool all over it. It will come in handy for painting round shapes in a year or so.

Fiona said...

Sarah, when he gummed the first one my husband was pretty grossed out. So I threw it out.

Now he has a new one from today's dead roll, and he immediately sat on it and now is fascinated by the fact that it's flat.

I expect that he'll be going through these pretty fast. I'd be very interested in a comparison between boy moms and girl moms about when the "destructive" thing starts to be different between the two sexes.

SarahHub said...

Hmmm... Evie probably would have done the same thing when she was his age. Now, though, she would whine "Messy!" It's been like that for maybe four months? I don't know about boy babies - you'll have to let me know!