Friday, December 19, 2008

We'll Always Have Lexington

This is a love letter to Gracie. You're the one, baby. From the first moments after we met, till you sashayed out of my life, I knew you were The One.


When Juno tried to "assert dominance" because she saw my love for you - I resisted her. I knew that no amount of oppression from the Alpha Female could dim what I felt. You, Gracie, it's all about you.

I hope that one day you'll return. We'll gambol together through the frozen mud of my backyard. We'll sniff for rabbits and bark at the fence. I'll veer dangerously close to the fish pond, but you will avoid it (you hate water, which is adorable). I'll follow you everywhere and share my pet baby with you, including his teddy bears.

But even if you never come back...we'll always have Lexington. Always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Boris,

My life changed the moment I saw you. I knew as soon as we smelled each other's butts that you were my The One. Yes, Bobo, you had me at hello.

I dream of the day that we can be together again and sniff rabbits and chase squirrels. I long to wrestle in the grass and play tug-of-war. Together we shall protect your people from dangerous teddy bears. With your handsome brawn and my brains, we can rule our pack.

Until then, think of me fondly as I shall do of you. Even though my Alpha-person may drag me across the country, my heart remains in Lexington.

Lots of kisses,
Gracie the Pirate