Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tony


Today my Uncle Tony would have been 75 years old. He died a few months ago, very suddenly.
.
I have some fond memories of him (especially that time he let me try Sambuca with flaming coffee beans because I'd seen it in a magazine ad. I was 14!) (or how he and his partner would let me rifle through their "sample closet" picking out anything I wanted. They worked for Lancome and Guerlain, so at 11 I had makeup that was probably worth a couple of hundred dollars. Also, at 11 I had makeup, which I now find kind of weird, especially since this morning I thought, "Should I put on some makeup?" and then I thought, "Meh."), but mostly he was a loving brother, father, and son.

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

he sounds like he was fabulous and led a great life!

bugboys69 said...

He sounds like a great guy as well as a great influence.

bugboys69 said...

Anyone you speak of that warmly has me on side. xx